Mark Your IBTM World Calender Now for the 2019 Edition of AIPC's Facility Operations Summit |
November 16 and 17
The 12th AIPC Facility Operations Summit will be held on November 16 and 17, 2019 and this is the one event anyone with a role or a stake in this critical area of centre management can’t miss out on. It is a rare opportunity for centre staff responsible for key operations functions to share issues and solutions on a global basis while also looking at how essential interactions amongst centre managers can be enhanced in ways that will increase overall centre efficiency and competitiveness.
2018 THEME: Investing in the Future: Preparing Your Venue
As Centres try to stay ahead of future industry trends, they need to plan for the kinds of investments their venue will require. Changing circumstances in such areas as global security and cybersecurity, the “war for talent” and competition are among key issues that Centre CEO’s are most concerned about and these all have implications for facility operations.
The 2018 Summit will provide the opportunity for in-depth discussions on topics that go beyond simply the status quo and instead provide a forum to better understand new client and attendee expectations, new event formats, innovative services and building upgrades required for congresses and exhibitions as well as a growing range of other events that can help diversify centre business.
2018 PROGRAM SESSIONS
A Special Feature - Planning for an Ongoing Security Task Force:
A particular focus for this year’s Summit will be a new look at centre security given the experiences of recent years of new and more sophisticated challenges to event and facility safety. Delegates will be exploring not only current issues but the potential to create an ongoing platform to incorporate future learnings into member communications such that all those with security concerns will be able to access and benefit from this knowledge.
• The Big Picture: Industry Trends Impacting Centre Operations
• Global Experiences/Regional Differences: open format discussion session to share experiences on the broad issues raised in the opening session.
• Engaging with the Workforce of the Future
• Creating the Experience: insights into innovative event services
• Healthy Meetings: What can centres do to support this goal?
• Rethinking the Purpose of Meetings: Key industry speakers will highlight changing meeting objectives across a variety of sectors and ways that are being utilized to deliver content and engage participants.
• How Centres are Building for the Future
• Future Meeting Space Innovation Alliance: The Attendee Experience. Trends, innovations, and societal developments and their possible influence on the meetings industry.
• Conversation Clusters
DATES, TIMES AND LOCATIONS
Sunday November 16
10:00-17:00 | Venue: Barcelona International Convention Centre (CCIB)
18:00 | Transfer to Barcelona city centre for a tapas dinner
Monday November 17
09:00-17:00 | Venue: Barcelona International Convention Centre (CCIB)
Tuesday November 18
08:30-09:15 | Site visit of the Palau de Congresos de Catalunya
10:00 | Site visit of the Fira Barcelona
Visit IBTM World trade show at leisure
EARLY REGISTRATION FEE | Until October 1 | 310 EUR (includes daily lunch, coffee breaks and Sunday night dinner)
REGISTRATION FEE | From October 2 | 330 EUR (includes daily lunch, coffee breaks and Sunday night dinner)
TO REGISTER | firstname.lastname@example.org
For highlights of previous Summits, please review the programs below:
Facility Operations Summit 2017
Facility Operations Summit 2016
Facility Operations Summit 2015
Facility Operations Summit 2014
Facility Operations Summit 2013
Facility Operations Summit 2012
Facility Operations Summit 2011
Facility Operations Summit 2010
Facility Operations Summit 2009
Facility Operations Summit 2008
In Partnership with IBTM World