Mark Your IMEX Calendar Now for the 2018 Edition of the AIPC Sales and Marketing Summit | May 13
For each of the past 10 years, the AIPC Sales and Marketing Summit has proven to be the perfect kick-off for member participation in IMEX and all the client and industry interactions it entails. Summit participants have the opportunity to compare notes on current issues, consider the latest industry trends and hear from representatives of key customer groups before they hit the show floor and a time of intense industry competition. This year will be no exception.
The 11th in our series of AIPC Sales and Marketing Summits will be held April 17, 2016 in cooperation with IMEX. Now recognized as a key session for International Sales and Marketing executives, the purpose of the Summit is to create a forum in which key market issues and challenges can be assessed in a global context and new strategies developed to address them. Its proven formula of bringing together more than 60 senior-level convention centre sales and marketing executives combined with client representatives and marketing specialists in a workshop setting has delivered consistent results since its inception ten years ago.
2017 SUMMIT SUMMARY AND CONCLUSIONS
• Place branding as distinct from destination branding which typically focused on leisure messages.
• Branding is an image that evolves over a long period of time. Perceptions are not something that can be easily changed by advertising slogans and images.
• Centres need to focus on the authentic attributes of their destination.
• AIPC member trends show a positive future, although there are concerns regarding the highly competitive situation that exists, as well as security and geo political events that are “disrupters”.
• Corporate and association executives are seeking a more consultative approach in working with centres, requiring increasingly complex levels of support.
• Centre CEO’s are focusing on developing and retaining a professional team, increasing revenues in a competitive world, and maintaining costs.
• Focus group discussions highlighted the need to continually evolve Centre services offerings, form a “joined up” team representing the Centre and Destination and align goals and messages with government and community. These circumstances require new marketing strategies and innovative revenue streams.
• The Sales & Marketing summit provided the opportunity to hear the latest developments affecting Centres in preparation for the IMEX week.
Make sure you’re a part of the action in 2018 - book your place in our industry’s most important sales and marketing exchange!
DATE AND TIME | Sunday May 13, 2018 from 10.00 until 17.00 hrs.
LOCATION | Congress Center Messe Frankfurt, Kap Europa - meeting room Plateau
EARLY REGISTRATION | Until March 15 | 155 EUR (includes lunch and coffee break)
REGISTRATION FEES | From March 16 | 175 EUR (includes lunch and coffee break)
TO REGISTER | firstname.lastname@example.org
The forum is a very valuable exercise and the results provide important guidance to convention centre executives as they look forward to competing in one of the most challenging and competitive markets we've ever seen.
For highlights of previous summits, please review the programs below:
AIPC Sales & Marketing Summit 2016 Program
AIPC Sales & Marketing Summit 2015 Program
AIPC Sales & Marketing Summit 2014 Program
AIPC Sales & Marketing Summit 2013 Program
AIPC Sales & Marketing Summit 2012 Program
AIPC Sales & Marketing Summit 2011 Program
AIPC Sales & Marketing Summit 2010 Program
AIPC Sales & Marketing Summit 2009 Program
AIPC Sales & Marketing Summit 2008 Program
AIPC Sales & Marketing Summit 2007 Program
AIPC Sales & Marketing Summit 2006 Program
In Partnership with IMEX